Hi Brian,

Thank you - yes by legacy I meant not upgraded one - no different meaning
intended.

As far as conforming to addressing architecture sorry to say but to me this
is red herring. Sure address must be a legal address - no question. But
what bits in the address mean is really up to the person allocating them.

I can have perfectly valid set of IPv4 addresses which each assigned to
different loopback of my node. Then each loopback is configured with
completely different behaviour to the packets arriving to it.

What matters for routing is the prefix - what matters for actually
processing are the remaining bits. Same for IPv6.

Kind regards,
Robert