If it helps in clarifying updating the definitions may be in order. Anyway
it seems more logical that an (IP) interface is defined by its address than
the other way around. But I do not know the original intention of the text.

I'm not sure I understand your point regarding many functions on many
nodes. Isn't that the case only in combination with the SRv6 functions that
are applied the 128-bit entity? And even then it only points to one
function on one node at a time?

cheers,
  Eduard