I have never seen anything in NFPA 13 (I'll go out on a limb and say there isn't anything). FM uses a 10 psi cushion. Maybe that's where he came up with the number.

At 07:21 AM 5/29/2007, you wrote:
I have an AHJ requesting that I provide 10PSI (not 10%, I already
checked) safety factors on my hydraulic calculations.  I asked him where
he came up with this number since they do not have a published fire
ordinance.  He referred me to the appendix in 13 but will not specify a
specific section.  Is there any such section pertaining to a safety
factor requirement that I am missing?

Thanks,
Dewayne Martinez
Design Build Fire Protection
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to