We did one of these about 5 years ago. Since all the heat will go to the
peak that is where the sidewall sprinklers were installed. The sidewalls
flowed water down the slope. The two pipe were adjacent to the center board.
The pipe was painted to match the 100 year old wood beams. You can't even
see them from the floor. That was our best solution. Even the architect
liked it. FM accepted reluctantly.

Art Tiroly
Tiroly and Associates.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
- FPDC
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 11:29 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: steep pitch roofs

I am working on a historic church sanctuary with a pitch of 
approximately 28/12. The arrangement calls for branch lines to be 
symmetrical on each side, similar to NFPA 13 (2002) figure 
8.6.4.1.3.1(b). I can meet the requirements for the steeply pitched 
roof section 8.6.4.1.3.3 and my "S" distance over the peak is good, 
but my straight line distance between sprinklers would be less than 6 
ft and the deflectors would be effectively pointing the discharge 
towards the sprinkler on the opposite side. I think I have a problem 
here, but I am not sure how to address it. Any thoughts?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080  
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to