Joe, Per the Tyco data sheet the BB type attic sprinklers are only listed for up to 100% rise over run (12:12 pitch). Is there another sprinkler that can do this in a 28:12 pitch? Or is the some additional data for these sprinklers?
Mark E. Eckard S.E.T. -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Hankins Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 2:28 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: steep pitch roofs Could you use Attic sprinklers at the peak? They accomplish the same intent as sidewalls at the peak, and have actually been tested in that configuration. Joe Todd Williams - FPDC wrote: > I am working on a historic church sanctuary with a pitch of > approximately 28/12. The arrangement calls for branch lines to be > symmetrical on each side, similar to NFPA 13 (2002) figure > 8.6.4.1.3.1(b). I can meet the requirements for the steeply pitched > roof section 8.6.4.1.3.3 and my "S" distance over the peak is good, > but my straight line distance between sprinklers would be less than 6 > ft and the deflectors would be effectively pointing the discharge > towards the sprinkler on the opposite side. I think I have a problem > here, but I am not sure how to address it. Any thoughts? > > Todd G. Williams, PE > Fire Protection Design/Consulting > Stonington, Connecticut > www.fpdc.com > 860.535.2080 _______________________________________________ > Sprinklerforum mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum > > To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) > _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
