Joe, Attic sprinklers aren't approved for slopes greater then 12:12
and I have about 28:12. Also, I didn't think you could use attic
sprinklers in occupied spaces.
This is an occupied space (church sanctuary) not a concealed one.
Also, this is a historic building (c. 1859) and is very
architecturally sensitive. The pipe is exposed and soffits and
baffles are not an option.
At 02:27 PM 5/23/2008, you wrote:
Could you use Attic sprinklers at the peak? They accomplish the same
intent as sidewalls at the peak, and have actually been tested in
that configuration.
Joe
Todd Williams - FPDC wrote:
I am working on a historic church sanctuary with a pitch of
approximately 28/12. The arrangement calls for branch lines to be
symmetrical on each side, similar to NFPA 13 (2002) figure
8.6.4.1.3.1(b). I can meet the requirements for the steeply pitched
roof section 8.6.4.1.3.3 and my "S" distance over the peak is good,
but my straight line distance between sprinklers would be less than
6 ft and the deflectors would be effectively pointing the discharge
towards the sprinkler on the opposite side. I think I have a
problem here, but I am not sure how to address it. Any thoughts?
Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080 _______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)