I am running into a situation a lot that is creating a lot of problems. I get a set of plans for a building that has a wood truss roof and there may be gables, dormers, changes in direction, etc. I design it based on the plan and then when the building is built, the framers have added plywood to brace certain elements. It does not appear on the plan and what is done is based on how the framer ultimately normally does it, feels that day, what he has laying around, etc. Now additional sprinklers have to be added under the plywood (potentially significant number) and included in the remote area. This can have a devastating impact on the hydraulics. How does everyone else handle this?
Also, if anybody has used Tyco Attic sprinklers in this situation, how do you determine the design area with sprinklers below a shielded area? It's Friday and feels like Monday...... Todd G. Williams, PE Fire Protection Design/Consulting Stonington, Connecticut www.fpdc.com 860.535.2080 _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
