I separated sliding along the curve from in 'design approaches' from 1.2
wording in 'calculation procedure'

-----Original Message-----
From: Travis Mack, SET [mailto:tm...@mfpdesign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:48 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org; bcasterl...@fsc-inc.com
Subject: Re: Calc Area

Brad:

I think you would only have to re-evaluate your lengths if you modified
your density.  If, because my head layout is irregular, my remote area
turns out to be 1620 sq ft and I base my design criteria on 0.10/1500
then I am fine with a minimum remote area length of 1.2*(1500^.5).
However, if I interpolate my density to something such as 0.098 / 1640,
then I am going to need to have 1.2*(1640)^.5.  This is the same as if I
am required to do a 3000 sq ft calc.  I can reduce my density to 0.07 /
3000, but my remote area length must be a minimum of 1.2*(3000^.5).

Am I missing something here?