One question with the MetraFlex loop is the number of cycles it could see under 
normal operation.  What is it designed to do?  I'm sure it wasn't designed to 
become a pivot point.  How long before it would fail?  Also does it have enough 
rotational capabilities for this application?

Some of these docks have considerable movement due to tidal changes, not sure 
what yours may be but it's something to consider.



Craig L. Prahl, CET   
Fire Protection Specialist
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
Spartanburg, SCĀ  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[email protected]
http://www.ch2m.com 


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of tom poisal
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:58 PM
To: sprinklerforum
Subject: Docks

I have a floating dock senerio, at the "floating points" I plan to use metra
flex fire loop, all of the grooved fittings are of course pre-painted,
question 1, this is a dry standpipe so I should use gaskets for the coupling
akin to dry systems,? #2 Since the piping is exposed (lake not gold tar or
sea water) I could have the pipe painted as opposed to galvanized, Correct?

-- 
Tom Poisal, CET
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to