Hello,

The dock I am working on now is all 6" Galvanized, Schedule 40 pipe, Galvanized 
Fittings, Galvanized Mechanical "T"s for the hose stations. Stainless Steel 
Hangers and  Seismic bracing, Custom made and ordered Metra Flex hoses for the 
floating dock.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 4:08:10 PM, you wrote:


> #1 - I would think so, but best check with the coupling manufacturer 
> for their recommendations. If there is a problem, at  least you would 
> have documentation that you followed their guidelines.

> #2 - Personally, I would still use galvanized. It is more reliable 
> than paint to prevent rust. I would guess that most of the metal 
> fasteners connecting the docks are galvanized as well. Might want to 
> check on that.


> At 03:58 PM 7/13/2010, you wrote:
>>I have a floating dock senerio, at the "floating points" I plan to use metra
>>flex fire loop, all of the grooved fittings are of course pre-painted,
>>question 1, this is a dry standpipe so I should use gaskets for the coupling
>>akin to dry systems,? #2 Since the piping is exposed (lake not gold tar or
>>sea water) I could have the pipe painted as opposed to galvanized, Correct?

>>--
>>Tom Poisal, CET
>>_______________________________________________
>>Sprinklerforum mailing list
>>[email protected]
>>http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

>>For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

>>To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
>>(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

> Todd G. Williams, PE
> Fire Protection Design/Consulting
> Stonington, CT
> 860.535.2080
> www.fpdc.com

> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)



-- 
Best regards,
 Charles Thurston                            mailto:[email protected]
  Coastal Fire Protection/ Myrtle Beach Fire & Safety Group.
   AFAA Guest

Electronic Privacy Notice:
This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may  
be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also  
confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended  
recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from  
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this  
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that  
you have received this communication in error, and then immediately  
delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to