I have a situation where the "powers that be" want to just locate the fire 
risers, foam tanks, control panels and all assorted trim and accessories for 
two FP systems outside, exposed to the elements.  The environment is a chemical 
plant in the SE.  Freezing is not an issue and it's on private property not 
accessible to the public.  The one hazard is a multi-level process structure w/ 
multiple deluge systems, the other is fuel storage tanks with the foam 
protection.

I've given some verbiage from NFPA 13 concerning protection of equipment but 
since someone who did the initial write-up forgot the houses, the owner 
believes they are not needed.

Any specific code requirements?  Their idea is to order "weather proof" 
equipment.  I guess they're going to hang the control panels by helium balloons.

Craig L. Prahl

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to