I don't have the section in front of me, but I believe you would calc 25.6  gpm 
in that case. Area of head or listing, whichever is greater. In small room, you 
avg head spacing. 
Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
www.mfpdesign.com

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrol Glimstad <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:24:01 
To: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Residential "Room Design Method"?

I'm designing a residential project using res. heads (LFII) and designing to 
full NFPA 13.  When I calc my four heads using the "design area", I am 
wondering 
if I can use the room design method to determine my sprinkler demand?  For 
instance, I have a room that measures 16' X 16', (256 sq. ft.) but the head is 
actually located 10 feet off of the 2 adjacent far walls.  If using the flow 
rates from the chart I know that I need to flow 20 gpm from that head based on 
my maximum 20' x 20' spacing.  But If I'm using the .10 over the "design area" 
can I just use the demand of 25.6 gpm for that head (16' x 16' sq. ft.) versus 
the 40 gpm based on 20' x 20'?  I understand then I would then base my system 
requirements on the more demanding of the two methods.  I can flow all four 
heads at a 20 gpm no problem, but the 40 gpm from just one head.....ouch!
I haven't done residential in a looooong time, so thought I'd check for the 
heck 
of it and I'm pretty sure I'll find instead that I'm full of it!   
Thanks in advance!
 
Carrol Glimstad


      
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to