I did go that route... I instead received a response from Mr. Caputo with NFPA 
and he informed me that per 2002, "...the small rooms rule is not applicable to 
the design consideration for residential occupancies."  
 
Unless I am wrong, (which I frequently am) although he (Roland) is a committee 
member of the TCC for NFPA, he is with AFSA.  Trust me, I would LOVE to get an 
"official" response from Mr. Huggins!  How would I go about getting one from 
AFSA (i.e. Roland) ?
 
But I do think I will forward some excerpts of this thread and see where that 
gets me. (probably nowhere that I want to be...)
 
Carrol Glimstad
Sierra Fire Design
916.475.4928



________________________________
From: "Johnson, Duane (NIH/OD/ORS) [C]" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 12:59:44 PM
Subject: RE: Residential "Room Design Method"?

NFPA has an email accounts setup for all NFPA codes where you can submit 
questions and receive code interpretations and technical answers.  The format 
is 
setup as [email protected].  Replace the # with the code you are inquiring about.  
For example, if you have a question related to the sprinkler code, you would 
submit your question to [email protected].

Then Roland can 'officially' respond.

Duane Johnson, PE
Program Manager
Division of the Fire Marshal (Support Contractor)
Office of Research Services 
National Institutes of Health 
301-496-0487


      
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to