Is there a BFP on system ?
John Drucker - Mobile Email

----- Original Message -----
From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
<sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org>
To: Sprinkler -Forum <sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org>
Sent: Wed Feb 20 06:55:16 2013
Subject: Flow switch problem

We have a wet system that is having problems with the flow switch.  The flow
switch would send a signal and then stop and then send another signal.  This
would be happening intermittently.  We figured the flow switch diaphram was bad
and then replaced the flow switch with the same results.  The main drain test
is 60 psi with 50 psi residual.  The inspector's test was a globe valve that
would flow water intermittantly; so we changed it to a ball valve.  It flows
water continuously now with the same problem with the flow switch.  We checked
the vane on the flow switch and the pipe is clean, so it's not hanging up at
the riser.  Any suggestions?

Jay Stough
Tilley fire Equipment Co.