Here are the results of a similar situation back in 2005 where the flowswitch
cycled back and forth before eventually going into alarm at over 4 minutes.

To all who responded to this thread, I am pleased to announce that the time
to alarm dropped from 4 minutes to 1 minute 40 seconds without moving the
inspector's test. Thank you all for the education. Amazing what a few air
bubbles can do.

Best Regards,
Ken Holsopple
Design Manager