I can't help with NFPA 25 committee membership. I am interested in your problem but I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Do you object to cleaning per 25? Why? Is it the FM's attitude? Do you want to replace them? Why? Give the forum a little more information and maybe someone can share their wisdom.
C. Burton Ford NICET Certified IV NFPA Certified Fire Protection Specialist Cintas Fire Protection Inc 1038 Conshohocken Rd Conshohocken, PA 19428 Tel 610-233-1400 Fax 610-233-1401 -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of JD Gamble Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:02 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Cleaning Sprinklers Anyone out there want to address the ‘cleaning’ of sprinklers as included in NFPA 25, 2011 Ed. A.5.2.1.1.2(5) – In lieu of replacing sprinklers that are loaded with dust, it is permitted to clean sprinklers with compressed air or by a vacuum provided that the equipment does not touch the sprinkler. I have a situation where this is being interpreted to mean that sprinklers covered with residue from a powder coating operation are to be cleaned by order of the Fire Inspector. Also, who can we contact with the NFPA 25 that may have already or will address the intent of the above standard. Thanks, JD Gamble Life Safety Solutions of Sheridan 307-763-3361 _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated. _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
