From: sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Hinson,
Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:17 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Air Testing CPVC Piping

Check the forecast and do it when the ambient temp remains constant...like the
climate (good luck with that).  Don't forget your common gas law, P1V1/T1 =
P2V2/T2 if the pressure drops as it may be fun trying to prove the entire
pressure drop was due to the inverse relationship to a temperature drop instead
of a potential leak or leaks.  I don't know about you, but I don't think CPVC
is quite to the level of 'rigid' either.  Sounds like a better idea to test wet
after building is buttoned up and let the chips fall where they may.

Ryan Hinson
Burns & McDonnell
Direct: 952-656-3662