From: sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of
rongreenman .
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:33 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Air Testing CPVC Piping

I think all you guys using 50 psi to test plastic are crazy. I also think that
guys that pipe shop air in plastic are crazy. That said I know it's done all
the time without mishap. Puff test for holes. Water test for pressure holding
ability.

And what the hell is a polar vortex. Sounds like Winter Blast 2014 (which may
be appropriate for you Easies this year).

--
Ron Greenman
Instructor

rgreen...@bates.ctc.edu

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
ASEE, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, AFSA, NFSA, AFAA, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC, WFSC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis Bacon,
essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)

A problem well stated is a problem half solved. -Charles F. Kettering, inventor