CT Code goes by NFPA 14. The State Fire Marshal has been known to modify this in
specific circumstances.

Todd G Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
www.fpdc.com
860-535-2080 (ofc)
860-608-4559 (cell)
Sent using CloudMagic [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=6.0.64&pv=8.2]
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 2:44 PM, sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org> wrote:
A summary of your findings would be of interest.

Roland

Roland Huggins, PE - VP Engineering
American Fire Sprinkler Assn. --- Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives
Dallas, TX
http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 7:00 AM, mphe...@aerofire.com wrote:
>
> I have a question for the forum at large, and specifically for the NFPA 14 Committee Members. For the forum community "what is the minimum design pressure required for a new class I automatic wet standpipe in your location?" I know what the un-amended code says, but it includes the catch-all qualification about the AHJ being consulted for specific needs. So what I'm looking for is, in your
region/area;

> 1- Does the local fire code accept the NFPA14 requirement for 100 psi minimum
operating pressure at the required flow rate?

> 2 - Does the local fire code amend the NFPA14 requirement from 100 psi to
something higher or lower?

> 3 - Does the local Fire Code Official regulate the NFPA14 requirements without having amended the current fire code, ie, require a higher or lower pressure
than the written code?

> Also, from the NFPA 14 committee, any comments on discussions leading up to
the change from 65psi to 100 psi, and your thoughts on the matter will be
appreciated.

> In addition, related comments from the Fire Fighters among us, on actual
experience in the "heat of the battle", are most welcome.