From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of mphe...@aerofire.com
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 7:00 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Standpipe design pressure

I have a question for the forum at large, and specifically for the NFPA 14
Committee Members. For the forum community "what is the minimum design
pressure required for a new class I automatic wet standpipe in your
location?" I know what the un-amended  code  says, but it includes the
catch-all qualification about the AHJ being consulted for specific needs.
So what I'm looking for is, in your region/area;

1- Does the local fire code accept the NFPA14 requirement for 100 psi
minimum operating pressure at the required flow rate?

2 - Does the local fire code amend the NFPA14 requirement from 100 psi to
something higher or lower?

3 - Does the local Fire Code Official regulate the NFPA14 requirements
without having amended the current fire code, ie, require a higher or lower
pressure than the written code?

Also, from the NFPA 14 committee, any comments on discussions leading up to
the change from 65psi to 100 psi, and your thoughts on the matter will be
appreciated.

In addition, related comments from the Fire Fighters among us, on actual
experience in the "heat of the battle", are most welcome.

And lastly, in respect of the Forum Traffic Control officials, please
respond to me directly "off forum" at
mphe...@aerofire.com<mailto:mphe...@aerofire.com>.

Mark at Aero
602 820-7894