Great news.  Curved roof is exactly the situation I’ve got.  Any chance you 
have worked with a fabricator in the SE that could handle it?  Project is in 
Nashville.


From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Jeff Normand
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 2:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Bending Pipe

I have done many projects with bent pipe. Depends on who fabricates your pipe. 
I always specify the bend radius.

A recent project had a 232 ft bend radius for a crude oil storage tank.

Looks great, for curved roofs.

Jeff

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Micah Davis, SET 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:
Anyone out there ever taken advantage of the allowance in NFPA 13 to bend 
system piping?  If so, how did you go about specifying it for fabrication?  
Also, how did it turn out?  Was it worth the effort?  I have a project that has 
a curved roof that looks almost like a wave.  Bent pipe would really help if I 
can figure out a way to get it fabricated.

Micah Davis
www.dynamicfiredesigns.com<http://www.dynamicfiredesigns.com>

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to