Makes sense Matt, thanks.

 

Thank you,

 

Bob Knight, CET III

208-318-3057

 

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Matt Grise
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:00 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: Bid Drawings

 

We typically only send them out for CAD coordination. The ones we get
usually have the title blocks removed.

 

Matt 

 

 

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Bid Drawings

 

Travis/ Matt,

Do you strip out your title blocks or anything.  The disclaimer is no
problem, I have one that I use already.  I haven't been paid yet, but expect
to be.

 

Thank you,

 

Bob Knight, CET III

208-318-3057

 

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Matt Grise
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 3:54 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: Bid Drawings

 

Any time I get or give out electronic drawings there is a release of
liability waiver involved. Essentially - these drawings are provided for
your convenience, may or may not be accurate, up to date, filled with
viruses, going to crash your system. If you use them it is at  your own
risk.

 

Matt 

 

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Bid Drawings

 

I provided a drawing for an architect that was used for bid purposes.  The
intent was to have the fire sprinkler contractors all bid
"apples-to-apples".  

That sort of happened and now the project has been awarded.  The FSC has
contacted me asking for the drawings of the fire sprinkler layout.  

I was wondering if any other designers have done this and how you might have
treated this situation.  

Do you provided the drawings upon request?

The contractor wants them for free, of course.  Is there a liability that I
need to be concerned with?  

The drawings show pipe routing and sizes, but not hydraulic information.
Basically, there about 30% drawings with notes.

Any other thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

 

 

Thank you,

 

Bob Knight, CET III

208-318-3057

FBK-LOGO-SMALL

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to