I use a disclaimer on the plans and also in NC if the plans are permitted by a 
sprinkler contractor that contractor is the only one who can install.
Another contractor would have to do their own submittal for a permit.


Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Jul 24, 2017 5:51 PM, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
I provided a drawing for an architect that was used for bid purposes.  The 
intent was to have the fire sprinkler contractors all bid “apples-to-apples”.
That sort of happened and now the project has been awarded.  The FSC has 
contacted me asking for the drawings of the fire sprinkler layout.
I was wondering if any other designers have done this and how you might have 
treated this situation.
Do you provided the drawings upon request?
The contractor wants them for free, of course.  Is there a liability that I 
need to be concerned with?
The drawings show pipe routing and sizes, but not hydraulic information.  
Basically, there about 30% drawings with notes.
Any other thoughts and comments will be appreciated.


Thank you,

Bob Knight, CET III
208-318-3057
[FBK-LOGO-SMALL]

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to