Interesting to see what others run into. As far as the PE seal, that is 
jurisdiction specific. We have PE on staff and seal in jurisdictions that 
require. 

This has just been something that has been popping up more and more. It was 
very rare in the past. We maybe calculated 1:100. Now I am seeing 3:5 requiring 
it for the jurisdictions I deal with. 

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
"Follow" us on Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to MFP Design via:
https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 6, 2017, at 6:31 AM, [email protected] wrote:
> 
> It depends on the jurisdiction, but I do see it. More of the rule and not the 
> exception. I don't see anything to the extreme you are talking about. 
> 
> I did have one recently where the existing sprinklers were installed on flex 
> drops and we have to move 5 sprinklers one pad over. The engineer stated if 
> we used flex drops (even the existing ones), the system had to calculated. 
> However, if we removed the flex and installed hard pipe, no calcs we're 
> required. 
> 
> Todd G Williams, PE
> Fire Protection Design/Consulting
> Stonington, CT
> 860-535-2080 (ofc)
> 860-553-3553 (fax)
> 860-608-4559 (cell)
> 
> 
>> On Oct 6, 2017 at 9:15 AM, <Travis Mack> wrote:
>> 
>> How many of you are being required to calculate systems when you do a tenant 
>> improvement? Just your run of the mill add/relocate. 
>> 
>> I am seeing it come up more and more. I am seeing it in situations where it 
>> is mostly relocates and no additions anywhere near the design areas. I have 
>> one now where the AHJ rejected for no calculations where the shell was OH2 
>> and the new space is residential lofts. This particular AHJ wants us to show 
>> all piping on portions of the floor where no work is being done. They are 
>> also requiring us to submit plans for the two floors below our space that 
>> have no work being done. 
>> 
>> Is anyone else seeing stuff like this? 
>> 
>> 
>> Travis Mack, SET
>> MFP Design, LLC
>> "Follow" us on Facebook: 
>> https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
>> Send large files to MFP Design via:
>> https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list 
>> [email protected] 
>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to