Hola

El 6 oct. 2017 23:05, "Bruce Verhei" <[email protected]> escribió:

> LH? We used number of heads. 20. At some older date we used 2” connection.
> Depending on layout the old and current are about equivalent.
>
> Office system not designed with flex heads? Depends. Was there a huge
> buffer in original design? But if original had 1” sch 40 drops, that are
> changing to flex? Expect to provide them.
>
> When they created the generous coefficient for quick response and low
> ceilings, and combined with EC heads you could get down to six heads in
> offices. I remember calling the then incumbent NFPA staff P.E. for pamphlet
> 13.
>
> I asked about very minor T/I’s. The kind that were below our permit
> threshold, ‘field review, field inspect”. The answer I received was that
> all jobs in hydraulically designed systems require supporting calc’s.
>
> I felt it was more of a jD answer than a PE answer.
>
> Best
>
> Bruce Verhei
>
> On Oct 6, 2017, at 13:59, rongreenman . <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I think maybe large metropolitan areas have the resources to higher a
> higher caliber of AHJ. Read that as better trained, more experienced, more
> educated in code, what have you. Smaller jurisdictions have slackness,
> unhappy firefighters drafted into the FMs office, or guys furiously trying
> to learn who will Be subsequently courted by those jurisdictions with
> deeper pockets. In the immediate Seattle area most AHJs are knowledgeable,
> fair and use good judgement. Some are little Napoleons and others not
> really into their jobs but these are rarer than in the areas further
> afield. A huge generalization but I think for the most part true.
>
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 1:19 PM Kyle.Montgomery <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Travis,
>>
>>
>>
>> Are you seeing this in AZ, or are you doing a lot of work in other
>> states? It seems like the AHJs we deal with in the valley are usually
>> pretty lax on requiring calcs for T.I.s.
>>
>>
>>
>> -Kyle M
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-
>> [email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Travis Mack
>> *Sent:* Friday, October 06, 2017 6:16 AM
>> *To:* [email protected]
>> *Subject:* [EXTERNAL] Calcs and tenant improvements
>>
>>
>>
>> How many of you are being required to calculate systems when you do a
>> tenant improvement? Just your run of the mill add/relocate.
>>
>>
>>
>> I am seeing it come up more and more. I am seeing it in situations where
>> it is mostly relocates and no additions anywhere near the design areas. I
>> have one now where the AHJ rejected for no calculations where the shell was
>> OH2 and the new space is residential lofts. This particular AHJ wants us to
>> show all piping on portions of the floor where no work is being done. They
>> are also requiring us to submit plans for the two floors below our space
>> that have no work being done.
>>
>>
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing stuff like this?
>>
>>
>>
>> Travis Mack, SET
>>
>> MFP Design, LLC
>>
>> "Follow" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-
>> LLC/92218417692
>>
>> Send large files to MFP Design via:
>>
>> https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
>>
>>
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.
>> org
>>
> --
> Sent from Gmail Mobile
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.
> org
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.
> org
>
>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to