I'd agree with John for the very same reason he thinks (intent of the
requirement) no, but I'll bet there are AHJs out there that will read the
rulebook differently, citing no exception stated, and without concern for
intent, and say yes, you need to do it. And probably even some that agree
that the intent is met when using flex drops but since there is no stated
exception it is now enforcing the letter because that's the mandate, or
even merely a CYA.

Ron Greenman

rongreen...@gmail.com

253.576.9700

The Universe is monstrously indifferent to the presence of man. -Werner
Herzog, screenwriter, film director, author, actor and opera
director (1942-)