Sean,

Permit me to completely endorse the previous comments from Brett and Chris.

Let me also add this - there is great value when someone is asking for a design which is both contrary to the applicable standard, and does not address the possible concerns for a fire in the occupancy in question, by asking them to 'put it in writing' and affix their signature.  Immense power for you in that.

I would go one step further, and note my concerns such as those raised by Brett and Chris, and ask for guidance in writing.

hope this helps,
*Ken Wagoner, SET*
*Parsley Consulting
500 West Mechanic Street
Harrisonville, Missouri 64701-2235*
*Phone: (760) 745-6181 *
*Visit the website <https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.parsleyconsulting.com%2f&c=E,1,Y5zKJKPEh1mBEBqSR-VE9cUKl5y-eyP8BpvmE_5j9ZqW2eJbNphYzrCMBZ-2YuX6d-RRkHI4gQ1FV-cvOeCfRC58uZS9NiToZv2mx7909oCqLvCW_n5hDHeK&typo=1>*