FM Global has maximum ceiling heights for 5.6k heads. Looks like 60 ft is the 
max for HC1 and HC2 and 45 feet is the max for HC3.

I don't recall seeing one for NFPA 13. I do recall that there used to be an 
allowance for atriums over 55 ft tall to omit sprinklers. I remember being told 
that the reason was because the sprinklers weren't effective at those heights. 
I also remember doing a project for the Navy (Naval Hospital at Camp Pendleton) 
and they specifically asked for some large drop sprinklers in their atrium.

Kyle Montgomery
 [cid:[email protected]]
Aero Automatic Sprinkler Co.
21605 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85024
Direct: 623.580.7820
Cell: 602.763.4736
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>



From: James Crawford <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2024 2:22 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers 
<[email protected]>
Subject: [External][Sprinklerforum] Ceiling Heights for 5.6K Heads

Throwing this out there, I was asked if there is a maximum ceiling height for 
5.6K sprinkler heads, can't find anything in the code but may have missed it.

Thank You

James Crawford
Phaser Fire Protection Ltd.
Phone 604-888-0318
Cel: 604-790-0938
Email [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Web: www.phaserfire.ca<http://www.phaserfire.ca/>

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to