Hi all,

1) Just wanted to mention one pro for the "Automatic":

I think a significant amount of users using matplotlib as their plotting
tool for scientific publications. For those, the PPI usually needs to be
300. This would look too large for inline displays.

2) But also, I also like it that for "Inline", you don't need to close the
previous 4 figures when you try 5 times and finally get the right labels.

3) For the new proposal, would that option "Inline" vs "Automatic" in the
widget stay there if I restart the console?

-Shawn