Hi,
you are right: I found that geoalchemy2 automatically creates indexes;
which I eventually turned off in model, using e.g.

polygon = Column(Geometry(geometry_type='POLYGON', srid=3857,
spatial_index=False))

and adding them manually to migration script:

sa.Column('polygon', Geometry(geometry_type='POLYGON', srid=3857,
spatial_index=False), nullable=True)

op.create_index(op.f('id_tenant_schema_Locations_inhabitant_polygon'),
'Locations', ['polygon'], unique=False, postgresql_using='gist', schema=
'tenant_schema')

This works apparently. Only thing I am unsure is this part:

postgresql_using='gist'

Can you please tell me if this is OK - I need to specify 'gist' when creating
index and not sure did I set it properly.

ga2 latest release is 6 or 7 months old, so I think they are alive. What helped
me greatly is this <https://github.com/geoalchemy/geoalchemy2/issues/137> from
their issue list (its still open)

Best regards