ok let me rephrase that... i have concerns.  i think the concerns could
be addressed, and we might be able to add this kind of feature...but i
dont want to rush into it singlehandedly.  heres the things that should
be resolved:

- we add non-column properties to SomeClass.c.  people will get
confused that SomeClass.c has a bunch of stuff on it that mytable.c
does not.  do we change the name of 'c' ?

- people will say things like, SomeClass.c.order > order.  how do we
interpret that ?  esp. for composite foreign keys.

- is it really as simple as just producing the primary/foreign key
columns of both sides ?  i fear that a whole class of patterns are
going to become apparent after adding that feature, and then people are
going to complain about SA being "broken" until an entire HQL-like
layer is added to implement all those features.  maybe theyre going to
stick SomeClass.c.order into the order_by clause, theyre going to stick
it in func() calls, CAST calls, etc. and expecting all this magical
behavior.  pretty much every other feature of SA proved to be a
gargantuan undertaking compared to how easy i thought it would be when
i first wrote it :)    how would this feature be presented ?

- is this feature also going to figure out all the joins from class A
to B, if my query is based on class A and the criterion object is all
the way on B?  the way select_by, join_to works ?  that seems trickier
and i can see people expecting that behaivor as well.  if we did get
that to work, should we then reconsider the whole "join_to", "join_via"
concept ?  is it going to be confusing to have so many ways to build a
join ?