On May 13, 2007, at 11:52 PM, Eric Ongerth wrote:

> Incidentally, the same problem is happening when using SPE as my
> editor.  Ordinarily it is able to open sources of imported modules so
> the user can view the statement where an exception occurred, but in
> the case of SQLAlchemy modules, it's going after the egg instead of
> where the .py files actually reside.  Again, I don't mind monkeying
> around to achieve a workaround, but I'm just wondering if I installed
> SQLAlchemy incorrectly or something, such that the package doesn't
> report accurately where its sources are.  -?-

id love if this issue were reported on the Distutils mailing list
(though im pretty sure theres a flag in setuptools to disable the egg
generation upon setup which might be the solution here)...  since I'd
really like a lot more people to be there hammering setuptools into
proper shape (even if that includes just "documentation" of options
like these).