Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 4. global_connect() / default_metadata
(...)
>                (...)              Plus it used DynamicMetaData which
> is a totally misunderstood object that isnt going away but will be
> much more downplayed.  youre responsible for your own MetaData object
> and telling your Table objects about it.

Just wondering - I've noticed you make similar DynamicMetaData
comments in other responses in the past.  Downplayed or not, do you
consider it deprecated in an way?  For me it seems the only natural
way to set up my meta data.

For example, my server has a schema.py module establishing the table
structure, but which at module import time has no idea where the
database engine is going to be.  So the metadata in the schema.py
module is a DynamicMetaData instance.

Elsewhere, startup code determines the database location, creating the
engine referencing it, and then connects the meta data instance in the
already loaded schema module to that engine.

Any other approach would seem to imply knowing the engine URL at the
point when my schema module is being imported (so it can be used to
create the meta data).

Is this what you're considering being "totally misunderstood"?

-- David