jason kirtland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> DynamicMetaData is not deprecated, but it may be renamed in 0.4 to
> clarify its role.  For this setup, a MetaData will suffice- it is
> "dynamic" as in late binding and re-bindable.  After you get your
> engine sorted out, you can connect() the engine and metadata just
> as you do now.  The binding will take effect process-wide.

Ah, that's definitely a misunderstanding on my part (and is perhaps
the sort of thing Michael was referring to).  I don't need
thread-specific connections, but did mentally linked the ability to
use connect() at all with DynamicMetaData.

In re-reading the documentation with your comments in mind, it's clear
that the docs do mention connecting a normal MetaData object, but the
examples (and those in the source tree) tend to use BoundMetaData or
DynamicMetaData, so I think I probably mentally excluded a plain
MetaData as an option.  The fact that the discussion of the single
global Metadata object also uses DynamicMetaData probably didn't help
my mental picture. Of course, my bad for not also checking out the
class itself.  Perhaps having the docs show the use of connect() with
MetaData itself might be helpful to other new users.

-- David