On Jul 17, 2007, at 2:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> I don't remember that in docs. Did I miss a section, or is this
>>> too obscure for the general usage?
>>
>> its only obscure because i think non_primary mappers are not *too*
>> common, but their behavior should be more well defined in the docs
>> (that they dont want to deal with attributes is a big one)
> is this 100%?
> i mean, if i define a primary mapper with all attrs and relations,
> then i define a non-primary without adding _any_ properties, it will
> work? Sort-of "inheriting" all these from the primary?
> so far i am adding (again) all properties which are not relations...

no, it doesnt inherit them.   it just doesnt have any access to class-
level instrumented attributes since it would conflict with the
primary mapper, and thats where the "default" loading strategy of an
attribute is set.  the idea that it would change the loading
strategies instead in a per-instance manner, which is possible, seems
like a lot of work to go through when youre supposed to just be using
options() with the primary mapper.  technically, if you made a non
primary mapper with a different join condition to an attribute, then
maybe thats a road more worth going down....but then, id rather find
a way to not have NPs be necessary since its getting crazy at that
point.