On Jul 27, 2007, at 6:29 AM, avdd wrote:

> On Jul 27, 9:45 am, jason kirtland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> This is the last opportunity
>> for terminology changes for a while, so I offer this up for
>> discussion.
>
> Does anyone else think "orm.relation" is wrong?  Perhaps
> "relationship" if you must have a noun, or "relates_to", etc, but
> "relation" could cement the popular misunderstanding of "relational
> database".

"relation" is wrongish because it conflicts with Codd's term "relation".

However, I have pored over SQL and relational articles to see what
word they use when they want to describe a table A that joins to
table B.

and they always say:  "relationship".

If you look up "relation" and "relationship" in the dictionary, *they
mean the same thing*.

somehow naming it "relationship" feels weird (though we can go with
that if we want).  "relates_to", probably more accurate..but the
kinds of words we've been using in "properties" (and generally) are
nouns.  Elixir is the one using the "verb/preposition" style.