This works here on MSSQL/pymssql with a small change:

-- j = Job("TEST1", datetime.datetime.now())

++ j = Job(1, datetime.datetime.now())

MSSQL (and most other db engines) are going to enforce type on the
'identifier' column. In the new code, it's an int, so...no strings allowed.
The original example user "uniqueidentifier", which is a rather odd duck,
and I'm not sure would support an arbitrary string as a key. Unless you need
real GUID keys for some reason, I would suggest using a normal string or int
surrogate key like the new example does.