> >  File "sqlalchemy/databases/mssql.py", line 499, in do_execute
> >    cursor.execute("SET IDENTITY_INSERT %s OFF" %
> > self
> > .identifier_preparer.format_table(context.compiled.statement.table))
> > SystemError: 'finally' pops bad exception
>
> This seems to be some weird error either with pyodbc or with the MS-
> SQL dialect, MS-SQL people we've seen this before, correct ?

That statement should only every be issued on an insert to a table with an
auto-generated PK that contains an explicit value for the PK, not on any
select() or query().

Even then it should be fine, unless pyodbc is having trouble with SQL
statement sequence.

A small testcase would be needed to track this one down.