On Jul 19, 2008, at 7:39 AM, Malthe Borch wrote:

> I tried adapting your example, which admittedly works :-), to a
> scenario
> that better resembles mine, but now the property is overriden simply,
> even when I use ``exclude_properties``.
>
> Note that the setup is overly complex, but this should be seen in the
> light of a larger setup (as you've previously guided me towards,
> incidentally).

OK, this wasn't really the indended usage of "exclude_properties",
i.e. to block properties from being propagated from a base class where
they are present.      Right now properties on the base class
propagate to subclasses unconditionally - theres no way to "override"
in a subclass.    If I decide to rework this today in 0.5, since I had
some other issues with the property generation code recently, I'll let
you know (it'll either work great with minimal effort, or open up a
whole series of issues I don't have time to deal with).

So for now you need to move "col" aside to a different name like
"_col" in the base class and use properties or synonyms to define the
behavior of the name "col" in all cases.