ah. when u don't have an explicit spec, the testcases are the real
spec. so make sure u really cover all them funny cases (-:

i had the default_values problem too, and to solve it i have split the
attr.access into two layers: one that sits below SA (as a fake dict),
and one thin that sits on top of it. First one handles basic stuff /
data storage, latter does default_values and lazy-autosetting it (in
terms of static_type/). Look for AutoSetter and related in
dbcook/usage/static_type/sa2static.py

There is subtle difference in whether the traits/descriptor will
auto-set the default value or the SA/sql-server, make sure u
understand it. First case SA/sql would never know about missing
value.

as of precedence... i have one declaration and i would not care who
sets the vales as long it is what's in the declaration.

you choose yours
svilen