Michael Bayer wrote:
On Mar 21, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Kevin Wormington wrote:

I have tried several different ways of getting plain execute to work including via the low-level ibm_db.execute interface with no luck. I have also tried changing the DB2 side to be a function instead of a stored procedure so that something like "select myfunctionname(parameter) from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1" would work; this crashes under SA but works with the low-level ibm_db.

well that would imply a way of doing it with execute().  if the SA dialect
crashes but not the DBAPI then the SA dialect has a bug.

Sort of: the DB2 side had to be changed from CREATE PROCEDURE to CREATE FUNCTION so they aren't quite equivalent functionality especially if it were a complex SP which mine is not. Also, I was successful with the function using ibm_db not ibm_db_dbi ... but ibm_db_dbi used ibm_db so one would think it should work.

The ibm_db.callproc() function works as expected at the low level and appears
to be AFAIK the only way to get a stored procedure to return results for DB2.
I'm using DB2 Express-C 9.7.

its likely behaving the same as your execute scenario above and still would
have problems.

I will give this a try.  Would this be thread-safe under Pylons?

yeah there is no shared state there.