On Dec 27, 2011, at 10:37 AM, VDK wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I simplified my code just for test purposes. I'm now working with only
> two columns, without order_by clause, commented a few other lines with
> order by. I'm sure there is no order_by left in my code. I run the
> script with echo set to debug. The result:
>
> INFO:sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine.0x...a7d0:{}
> DEBUG:sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine.0x...a7d0:Col
> ('contributie_alle_leden_id', 'contributie_alle_leden_achternaam')
> 2011-12-27 16:23:05,839 INFO sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine.0x...a7d0
> SELECT contributie_alle_leden.id AS contributie_alle_leden_id,
> contributie_alle_leden.achternaam AS
> contributie_alle_leden_achternaam
> FROM (SELECT "Leden".id AS id, "Leden".achternaam AS achternaam
> FROM "Leden") AS contributie_alle_leden ORDER BY
> contributie_alle_leden.id
>
> The order by is still added. As sqlalchemy doesn't add things, the
> only suspect now is elixir. This is part of the Camelot framework and
> act as a layer upon SQLAlchemy.

*elixir* - I just searched your other emails and it appears they fail to
mention this extremely critical detail.   Elixir adds default order_bys.   You
need to use elixir's configuration flags to disable that.

I think this email thread is going to become the textbook example of why we
took out default order by, the next time someone asks.