On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> did you generate your code here with pyrex?    If you want to jump in and
> rework our C extensions to be pyrex based and everything works out just as
> well or better than before, it'll be a great 0.9/1.0 feature.    I've got a
> bit of experience with cython already as I've worked on lxml a bit, cython
> vs. pyrex any thoughts ?  based on
> http://docs.cython.org/src/userguide/pyrex_differences.html they seem pretty
> similar (though cython seems more commonplace...)

Cython makes a lot more progress, but it's also its drawback at times.
I've sticked to Pyrex when I don't need Cython's benefits, because
Pyrex is far more stable and easier to depend on.

For this kind of work, I'd suggest pyrex. But really both work.

I might try that, after checking Pyrex's compatibility with Py3...
I've never done that.