did you generate your code here with pyrex?    If you want to jump in and
rework our C extensions to be pyrex based and everything works out just as well
or better than before, it'll be a great 0.9/1.0 feature.    I've got a bit of
experience with cython already as I've worked on lxml a bit, cython vs. pyrex
any thoughts ?  based on
http://docs.cython.org/src/userguide/pyrex_differences.html they seem pretty
similar (though cython seems more commonplace...)