On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Michael Bayer wrote:

With that, plus the predictable indexing, I'm always going to use them.
But, I think there's a fair degree of preference still here. With natural
PKs, the biggest issue is how much space indexes are going to take up
considering that everything that FKs to that PK has to mirror out those
same columns.

Mike,

  Fair enough. In the current application I'm developing most tables will
have comparatively few rows (< 500 in most cases). The data tables can
easily have > 100,000 rows, but the only table that would relate to those is
the 'changed' table which records what, when, why, and by whom a change was
made. This is for audit trail purposes.

Thanks for your insights,

Rich