I saw in the SQLAlchemy 1.3 Documentation page for Firebird
<https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/dialects/firebird.html> that the
'Firebird dialect within SQLAlchemy is not currently supported.  The
dialect is not tested within continuous integration and is likely to have
many issues and caveats not currently handled.'

I'd like to see the Firebird database have ongoing support within
SQLAlchemy.  Firebird has been my database of choice since version 1.0, am
currently using it, and plan to continue using it in the future.  It is
still in active development.

For Python, I use the fdb DBAPI (official driver) along with Firebird
dialect3 (current).  I would suggest removing support for the old dialect1
and kinterbasdb driver to simplify maintenance and testing.

Can I help with getting the dialect tested within the continuous
integration and with resolving issues and caveats?  I use Jenkins on a
daily basis and have been using Python for about 8 years. I'm now a
performance test engineer, but have many years of experience as a software
developer as well.  I am also willing to help with documentation and
support.

Are there any other issues causing the Firebird database to losing ongoing
support for it?

Thanks,
Paul

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/fe77d2d8-a1a0-4082-bf10-6e78e0ed75c0%40googlegroups.com.