On Nov 21, 2003, at 11:48 AM, Michael Hunley wrote:

While I am occupying people's time, does anyone know why this list does not do as others do and make the email reply-to address be the list instead of the individual who sent it? That is much more generally beneficial and less error-prone for people (like me) who don't pay strict attention the the 'To' when replying.

Many people (myself included) prefer it the way this list does it. I'm on a lot of lists which are sorted into subfolders. If you send a message to the list, I might or might not see it. If you "reply all" to a message of mine (or to a "reply all" to a message of mine, to whatever depth), it'll sort into my main inbox and I'll be sure to see it.

As far as duplicates go, I think the list should be smart enough to look at the headers, see who's already getting a copy, and not send another. If you get two copies of this email, it's not. I guess I wouldn't be able to tell myself - I might have Cyrus set to suppress duplicate Message-IDs, so I'd only get one copy regardless.

Scott Lamb