On Nov 21, 2003, at 12:04 PM, Michael Hunley wrote:

At 12:49 PM 11/21/2003 -0600, Scott Lamb wrote:
Many people (myself included) prefer it the way this list does it. I'm on a lot of lists which are sorted into subfolders. If you send a message to the list, I might or might not see it. If you "reply all" to a message of mine (or to a "reply all" to a message of mine, to whatever depth), it'll sort into my main inbox and I'll be sure to see it.

Actually, it is the practice of replying to all that is causing the double send. I got yours twice. Once for your reply to me and again because I am on the list. The right answer is for the list to see that an address on the list is already on the TO or CC list of the original message and skip that. Not as straight forward, but not too difficult for a filter.

But wouldn't that only work in the case where the list machine also handles all of our individual accounts? I would think our email clients simply send the email out to both addresses and they have no way of knowing it actually ends up in the same place.