On Sunday 18 April 2004 15:56, Richard wrote:
> I think,
> the problem is that, I did do that,
> sqlite test.db
> and did not get a correct reply...
>
> Hence, wondering if I'm did right..
>
> Inside the SQLITE folder, is the following:
>       libsqlite.a
>       sqlite
>       sqlite readme.pdf
>       sqlite.h
>
> I been clicking on ssqlite, which is the a unix exe file.
> and it brings up a terminal window with sqlite,

If you start sqlite by clicking on it, you have no possibility to give a
command-line parameter.

You must open a terminal window, then cd to the place you have sqlite
installed, and then type:
sqlite test.db

then you will get the prompt as you describe below, with the difference
that a new database called test.db has been created.

> running...
>
> sqlite>                       # this is the prompt I see,
> now what do I enter in?

e.g. enter sql commands to create tables or query them. See my first
reply to have an example

> Thanks-
> Richard
>
> On Apr 18, 2004, at 3:59 AM, Yves Glodt wrote:
> > A new database is created when u call sqlite.exe with a filename as
> > parameter. Of course only if this file does not yet exist... e.g.:
> >
> > ~$ sqlite test.db
> > SQLite version 2.8.13
> > Enter ".help" for instructions
> > sqlite> create table testtable (
> >    ...> id integer,
> >    ...> name varchar(64)
> >    ...> );
> > sqlite> insert into testtable values (1,'Joe');
> > sqlite> select * from testtable;
> > 1|Joe
> > sqlite>.q
> > ~$

- --
Linux 2.4.26 #4 Wed Apr 14 19:23:19 CEST 2004 i686
 15:59:29 up  3:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.46, 0.42, 0.29