Hmm, in mysql its not so....
ok,

So, if I move the test.db database,
into a another folder called db

Then start sqlite
./sqlite

and do this:
.database /db/
this should show the databases in the db folder?
or did I miss something..

please note: using Mac OS X

Thanks
Richard

On Apr 18, 2004, at 10:53 AM, Will Leshner wrote:

On Apr 18, 2004, at 7:42 AM, Richard wrote:

Now all commands should be active, hence where the database "test.db" I can see it inside the folder, but sqlite can not see it, or is there another step I'm missing.

It doesn't work that way. The sqlite command-line tool doesn't look for databases in the same "folder" as it. In fact, if you've installed it correctly, then sqlite becomes a command-line command you can enter anywhere. To examine a sqlite database with the tool, you have to pass the name/path of the database when you invoke it.